couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Travis Klein <travkl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Controlling per-user access to data
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2020 00:18:44 GMT
One option would be to have a node express server as middleware. That’s what I’m doing
for extra control. Save emails of auth users in doc. Request doc from express server check
if users email is in doc if so return doc

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 8, 2020, at 4:11 PM, Marcus <couchdb@wordit.com> wrote:
>
> Can anyone help with per-user access to documents?
>
> Imagine a to-do list app where lists are private by default, but can be shared with others.
One document per list would make sense, correct?

> Problem: Couchdb access control is per database, I cannot figure out a way to restrict
read access to lists.

> Cloudant strongly advise against creating one database per user, unless it's a very small
number. They suggest a limit of 500 databases to not diminish performance.