couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcus <couc...@wordit.com>
Subject Controlling per-user access to data
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2020 23:11:22 GMT
Can anyone help with ´┐╝per-user access to documents?

Imagine a to-do list app where lists are private by default, but can be shared with others.
One document per list would make sense, correct?

Problem: Couchdb access control is per database, I cannot figure out a way to restrict read
access to lists.

Cloudant strongly advise against creating one database per user, unless it's a very small
number. They suggest a limit of 500 databases to not diminish performance.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I could control read access for each to-do list?

Thanks,

Marcus