couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Peter J Krawetzky <pkrawet...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Controlling per-user access to data
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2020 23:38:38 GMT
We built a front end app that added security to each document via a permissions popup.  It
used active directory groups.  It also stored last updated fields like datetime and user
id.  PeterSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Marcus <couchdb@wordit.com> Date: 2/8/20  18:11
 (GMT-05:00) To: user@couchdb.apache.org Subject: Controlling per-user access to data Can
anyone help with per-user access to documents? Imagine a to-do list app where lists are
private by default, but can be shared with others. One document per list would make sense,
correct?Problem: Couchdb access control is per database, I cannot figure out a way to restrict
read access to lists.Cloudant strongly advise against creating one database per user, unless
it's a very small number. They suggest a limit of 500 databases to not diminish performance.Does
anyone have a suggestion how I could control read access for each to-do list?Thanks,Marcus