couchdb-user mailing list archives

From alessandro collina <a.coll...@linergy.it>
Subject Error deleting and recreating a database
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2019 15:15:30 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know how it is possible to delete all documents in a
database with a single request.

I tried to delete the whole database (using curl to send http method
DELETE) and then recreate it.

Sometimes unfortunately this approach returns a wrong behaviour: it
seems that erasing is not effective and the subsequent (re)creation
request gives me a "file already exists" error. But not always does this
behaviour appear: the database is often correctly erased and (re)created.

I tried to put some long delay between deleting and creating but it does
not works: the problem still remains.

--

Alessandro Collina
Research and Development

Tutto il materiale fornito da Linergy S.r.l. ha funzione puramente informativa e deve essere
utilizzato solamente per gli scopi concordati con il Ricevente, il quale si impegna a non
divulgare tale materiale a terze parti non previamente concordate e a non farne copie al di
fuori dell'ambito definito dai suddetti scopi. Su richiesta di Linergy S.r.l., tale materiale
dovrà essere restituito o distrutto. L'accettazione del materiale implica l'accettazione
della presente clausola.

All the material provided by Linergy S.r.l. has a merely informative purpose, and it can be
solely used within the tasks agreed with the Receiving Party, who is committed not to disclose
such material to not previously agreed third parties, and not to make copies thereof unnecessary
to pursue the above tasks. Upon request by Linergy S.r.l., such material shall be returned
or destroyed. The reception of this material implies the acceptance of the present terms.