couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.be...@utt.fr>
Subject Re: views failing due to fabric_worker_timeout and OS process timed out
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:33:38 GMT
Hi Joan,

> couchapps are, in effect, deprecated functionality.

What do you mean exactly by saying this?
That CouchDB is now just a DB and no more an application server?
That all the time and code invested by my team and my partners since 2010 are now wasted?
That I should stop immediately teaching CouchDB in my university as a perfect example on how
to implement a RESTful API and Web application?

Which features needed for « couchapps » are going to disappear in future releases?

Is it a definitive decision? Or is it still possible to discuss it?

Regards,

Aurélien

P.S. Sorry if my e-mail looks aggressive, but I’m really really worried…
I’m surprised too to discover such an important news on a nearly unrelated topic, whereas
ago, there was a consensus that it was a really important feature for a significant part of
the user base.