couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Le Brasseur <johnlebrass...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get a deleted doc back: v 2.0.0
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:59:29 GMT
Thank you Max.
I will get there eventually.
What worries me in this case is that the previous revision number( rev-1 in
this case) is not available.
I did not compact the database.
In other databases I have checked, documents have for instance 6 revisions
with all 6 revision numbers available although not all docs are recoverable.
Thanks again.
I appreciate it.

On 21 February 2017 at 12:30, max <maxima078@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Use _changes on the database you'll see your deleted doc with the 'deleted
> : true' then grep the last revision. From here you'll be able to get your
> document with this specific (last) revision (?rev=xxxxxxxx).
> If you add the query parameter revs=true couchdb add the "_revisions"
> property and you should be able to get any available revision.
>
> Regards,
>
> Max.

> > Hi.
> > Just to be absolutely sure.
> > I added "_deleted:true" into a document in fauxton.
> > Fine.
> > Using the command line I used GET.../db/doc?revs_info=true the answer is
> :
> > {"error":"not_found","reason":"deleted"}
> >
> > OK
> >
> > So this means there is no _previous_ revision information available.
> >
> > (_changes info gives the last _rev)
> >
> > To be clear this means that without a backup of the database, the
> document
> > _cannot_ be rescued?
> >
> > In this case I created a new document, and added the previous data which
> > obtained from my backup database.
> >

> > Are my statements correct and was my method correct and the only way out?
> >

> > I did find the option "db/doc?open_revs=true" which did give me the
> >
> > Would this then be the first option?
> >
> > (Should I not have added "_deleted: true" into Fauxton but rather have
> > deleted the document in another way?(clicking and deleting, or using curl
> > from the command line) or should the previous revision number have been
> > present? I would have thought so. I have not compacted or
> > anything.("compact_running": false)))
> >

> > Many thanks.
> >
> > John

John