couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dan Ballance <tzewang.do...@gmail.com>
Subject Command line only install of 2.0 (Linux)
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 08:53:46 GMT
Hi folks,

We've started using CouchDB recently and decided to start with your 2.0
release. We're really loving the platform so far. We are trying to deploy
CouchDB 2.0 with a configuration management application called Salt. I have
a working configuration that does 99% of the install - although there
appear to be a couple of final steps that need to be performed in a web
browser which is not ideal from a config management PoV.

So here are the final steps I have - please correct me if I am not doing
this right. I saw an error in my logs which Googling brought me to this
Hacker News thread:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12545569

The technique proposed seems to work fine. I go to
http://hostname:5984/_utils, create an admin account and then proceed to
the single server setup which completes the installation of the necessary
database tables. So my question is:

Is there any way to set up the admin account and trigger the database
tables to be created without an administrator visiting the server in a web
browser?

many thanks in advance for your valuable time,

Dan Ballance.