couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC CouchDB Slack channel
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2017 19:56:30 GMT
I'm -0 on this.

We have a specific history around IRC that is important to retain,
specifically the IRC channels have never been logged. I feel strongly
about not retaining log history from our discussion area; it gives
people the ability to be more free about their discussions without
worry about being on the record.

Slack as a host (whether you use IRC or Slack as the chat gateway)
does away with that, at least partially, and I think it will be
for the worse.

I will probably drop out of chat if this happens.

-Joan