couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.0 _purge returning "not implemented"
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 23:14:19 GMT
Today there is not, but I’m keenly interested in pursuing this option. It’s technically
feasible — the full deletion would be done by the compactor — but we want to be fairly
careful in minimizing the ramifications for replication if a user configures this option.

My ideal scenario is that we can configure a database to “auto-purge” a deleted revision
during compaction when we know that said revision has been recorded by every replication peer
for which we have a checkpoint record. Still needs some discussion though.

I agree that without some sort of option to remove the tombstones CouchDB is not a good fit
for a use case where the data has a shelf life of a couple of days. Cheers,

Adam