couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nick Becker <n...@mobileaccord.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB helped fighting Ebloa
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:29:35 GMT
We also made heavy use of CouchDB during the Ebola crises to collect data on the impact to
each country.  https://research.geopoll.com/case-studies/ebola-usaid-case-study.html

The technology is not highlighted in the case study, but our SMS and analytics platforms are
both powered by CouchDB (Cloudant).  The data analytics at the bottom of the article was built
using a CouchApp.

________________________________
From: Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 03:12 AM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Cc: dev@couchdb.apache.org Developers; marketing@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: CouchDB helped fighting Ebloa

Hi Jan,

no one should ever become tired of this topic. This is an awesome story
and an example how well designed software with great ideas in mind can
save lifes! Just think about that for a second ...

Thanks for sharing ;-)

All the best

Andy
--
Andy Wenk
RockIt!

Hamburg / Germany
GPG public key:
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4F1D0C59BC90917D

Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> I'm sure you all get tired of hearing about this, but I don't! :)
>
> Here's another write-up about how CouchDB played a role in helping with one of the largest
humanitarian crises this century: https://medium.com/net-magazine/fighting-ebola-with-javascript-26b48da8f84a
[https://d262ilb51hltx0.cloudfront.net/max/1200/1*ZxQV5S5Sz6jkuNsLmmXdEg.jpeg]<https://medium.com/net-magazine/fighting-ebola-with-javascript-26b48da8f84a>

Fighting Ebola with JavaScript - net magazine<https://medium.com/net-magazine/fighting-ebola-with-javascript-26b48da8f84a>
medium.com
Patricia Garcia explains how shrewd use of technology helped tackle an emergency situation
in a developing country

> This is why I love what we do<3
>
> Best
> Jan
> --

All information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and destroy this email.