couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.0 _purge returning "not implemented"
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 13:46:20 GMT
Hi Geoff,

Hmm, no … purge does not work at the clustered database level in the 2.0 release. It looks
like we may have failed to document this change beyond the API response that you got. There
are some subtleties in how we have to manage that operation in a cluster. For example, if
you happen to purge a document while only two replicas out of three are online, the third
one may ultimately get re-propagated to the other two shards at a later date.

I know some folks are working on adding this capability back in to the clustered API, but
until that work lands if you absolutely need to purge documents you can navigate to the shard-level
API on a different port and execute the purge request there. That’s not for the faint of
heart, though. Cheers,

Adam