couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Bomford" <geoffbomf...@comformark.com.au>
Subject Re: 2.0 _purge returning "not implemented"
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2016 01:23:59 GMT
Thanks Adam,

Without Purge and Delete, it's not a good fit for any data that is updated
frequently, I hope these can be enabled fairly quickly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Kocoloski
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 10:14
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: 2.0 _purge returning "not implemented"

Today there is not, but I’m keenly interested in pursuing this option. It’s
technically feasible — the full deletion would be done by the compactor —
but we want to be fairly careful in minimizing the ramifications for
replication if a user configures this option.

My ideal scenario is that we can configure a database to “auto-purge” a
deleted revision during compaction when we know that said revision has been
recorded by every replication peer for which we have a checkpoint record.
Still needs some discussion though.

I agree that without some sort of option to remove the tombstones CouchDB is
not a good fit for a use case where the data has a shelf life of a couple of
days. Cheers,

Adam