couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Klein <st.fankl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: final long term deletion,cleanup database, and id generation
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 15:12:26 GMT
Hi,

shadow.of.soul08@gmail.com>:

> HI,

[ ... ]

> 1) when you delete a document, is supposed that revisions are only
> deleted after the cleanup, but the tombstones are still there, and it
> increase the amount of size exponentially. i found this post about it:
>
> http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2015/04/20/how-to-finally-delete-documents-in-couchdb/
> with a sort of solution, that i find tricky and insecure. i don't want
> be manipulating live DB's on live servers. any other option?

I haven't double checked, but if i remember correctly purging 2 documents
will cause all views to be re-created.
Purge is really not to be meant for normal operation.

So the replication of non deleted documents to a new DB is - to my
knowledge - the only option.

Do you have a proxy in front of your couchdb?
If so, you do not even need to shut down and copy DB files, but you could
simply point the proxy to the new DB.
Remember to refresh the views before switching DBs.

--
Stefan