couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.6.1 on Debian 8
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 16:59:24 GMT

> On 31 May 2016, at 18:57, Frédéric Audon <chavenay@gmail.com> wrote:

7.3.0 ... configure: error : The installed version of Erlang must be> = R14B ( erts - 5.8.1
) and = <17 ( erts -6.0 ) major_version does not match

slightly ahead of 1.6.1 but safe to use in production, and compatible with newer Erlang releases.

>>> ok
>>>
>>> wget https://github.com/apache/couchdb/archive/1.6.x.zip
>>> unzip 1.6.x.zip
>>> cd couchdb-1.6.x/
>>>
>>> How do I get ./configure ?
>>
>> ./bootstrap
>
> Unable to find any variant: glibtoolize libtoolize
>
> Have you installed a version of this package?

You need to install libtool :)

Dev dependencies are explained in DEVELOPERS (https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/1.x.x/DEVELOPERS)

(you probably want `./configure --disable-docs` to avoid the LaTeX etc. dependency chain)

Best
Jan