couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deletion of documents
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 13:00:26 GMT
Heya Oleg,

thanks for trying 2.0! :)

Deleted docs are not a bad thing in general, but they can cause performance issues in certain
cases if they appear in large numbers (100s of 1000s).

It might just be that Fauxton’s algorithm for showing the warning needs a bit relaxing.

There is no need to purge anything during normal operations. Purge is reserved for things
like accidentally stored social security numbers or other immutable/hard to change items.

Best
Jan
--

> On 12 May 2016, at 21:22, Oleg Cohen <oleg.cohen@assurebridge.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I have a CouchDB 2.0 cluster. I notice when I delete documents, Fauxton displays a warning
next to the # of Docs. Here is an example of the warning: "This database has just 1 docs and
3 deleted docs”. What does it mean and is this a problem?

> Also, how do I remove deleted documents from the database? So far the only way I found
is to run a _purge command on each shard on each node in the cluster. Is this the correct
way? Are there better ways to do it?