couchdb-user mailing list archives

From muji <freeformsyst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ANN: rlx(1) - Couchdb command line interface
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 03:15:47 GMT
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the message. I am glad you are enjoying it so far :)

The *app* functionality came from a desire to separate the elements of
design documents into a more structured approach and eventually came to
include database documents (and attachments) as well; so in effect it can
represent an entire *application*. Re-reading the man page I can see the
documentation needs improving, I have raised #5 (
https://github.com/tmpfs/rlx/issues/5).

Probably the easiest thing to do to get a grasp on it, is to browse the
test fixture:

https://github.com/tmpfs/rlx/tree/master/test/fixtures/app

I will try to expand more on this with some updated documentation. You may
also want to experiment with the *deploy* command as that follows all the
recommended steps to re-deploy a view in a production environment.

To get an idea of how the test fixture correlates to a single design
document, with the rlx repository as the working directory, try this
(couchdb running on localhost):

```
rlx i
cd :lh
db add mydb
cd mydb
app push test/fixtures/app -i myddoc
app get myddoc
```

I just tried this with the 2.x alpha version and it is working fine, I see
the entire collated design document in Fauxton. Hope that helps a little
with the app command.

Because the *app* command encapsulates a design document (and it's views) I
hope this also answers the second part of your question. Although,
executing and querying views still needs some work from what I recall to
cater for pagination and large result sets.

Feel free to raise questions and bugs on github!

Cheers - muji.