couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: crash reports
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 18:02:18 GMT
On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 8:23 PM, Nick Wood <nwood888@gmail.com> wrote:
> I updated both servers to use this container image -
> https://hub.docker.com/r/klaemo/couchdb/~/dockerfile/ which is what I
> believe the CouchDB team is trying to base it's official docker image off
> of.

That's true.

> When I cycle through all ~1100 of our databases and do a non-continuous
> replication, I don't receive a single error or crash. I continuously queue
> 20 of them into the _replicator database and I can see it processing about
> 2 per second. (on a side note, any idea why it only does 2-3 per second
> when I can see plenty of available disk, ram and cpu? Seems like there's an
> internal hard-code delay maybe?)

There are no any hardcoded delays of such kind.

No ideas, except some docker-specific issues or constraints. I would
try to remove docker, do plain install and ensure that there are no
any issues with you setup, and then try to dig into what other people
reports about their docker apps under load and which issues they
faced. Finally, debug your container to see what causes delays. That's
the list I would follow in same situation.

> Might I still have a broken version of erlang? It looks like the version I
> ended up with using that docker image is 17.3.

Erlang 17.3 is broken indeed, you should avoid this release.
Especially, if you use https.

--