couchdb-user mailing list archives

From bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.br...@gmail.com>
Subject using couchdb on usb
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 22:40:14 GMT
Hi,

I want to run couchdb on mac and ubuntu from a usb, I suppose that is
impossible so the best solution would be to install on both OS and then
either edit config or use a symlink to point to db records saved on the
usb. Is my surmise correct in this instance? Has anyone done either of
these methods and which do you suggest as the best one - drawbacks with the
methods. Does anyone have a script that already does this (configure local
couchdb instance to look for its db files in an external drive at startup)?

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen