couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sharath <sharat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using couchdb on usb
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:19:32 GMT
I use a symlink on my linux box (ubuntu 15) to point to a different
harddisk.

In theory it could work for a USB as long as the file permissions are
correct - I guess you'll have to experiment.

However the performance would be bad when data is persisted and views are
being built/updated.

The couchdb server may need to be started after the drive is mounted.

-Sharath