couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Vishesh Mittal <v...@platomedical.com>
Subject Re: Create many couchdb instances on demand?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:39:48 GMT
Hi Ying

As far as I can tell, you would have to put in a significant amount of work
on your custom authentication either way (since the "app users" would have
much more restricted access controls than "platform users"), whether or not
you use the _users db for "app users". Technically, you can make it work
either way.

If I were you, I would absolutely refrain from having multiple couchdb
instances. That just seems like too much maintenance overhead. I would keep
the "platform users" in the _users db. And I would create a custom logic
for "app users" and contain them in the application's database.

Hope this helps.

--
*Vishesh Mittal*
Co-founder, Plato Medical