couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about replication.
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 13:26:11 GMT
Hi!

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Kiril Stankov <kiril@open-net.biz> wrote:
> CouchDB instance A replicates everything in some DB to instance B.
> Instance B is *mostly* read-only. It does not replicate back to Instance A.
> However, it will be possible that some doc is modified at Instance B.
> I want to make a one-time replication from Instance B to A, (after review)
> so that all documents, modified at B be replicated to A, overwriting
> modifications made meanwhile at A.
> Is that possible? Should I expect some conflicts?

If same document was modified both on A and B, yes. The case:

A1 - replicated -> B1
B1 - updated-> B2
A1 - updated -> A2
A2 - replicated -> B3
B2 -> replicated -> A3

So both databases may contain conflicts, but if you solve it on db A,
then it will get resolved on db B by replication (unless there will be
more updates for those documents).

> Should I stop the default replication from A to B while doing that?

No need.  Replication for A to B will detect new updates caused by
B-to-A replication, run revs diff and find no reason to transfer
changes back.

--