couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tom Chiverton ...@extravision.com>
Subject Trouble setting up proxy auth
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 10:42:16 GMT
I'm trying to get CouchDB to use an Apache front end for authentication.

To do this I've made sure authentication_handlers includes the proxy
handler:

authentication_handlers = {couch_httpd_oauth,
oauth_authentication_handler}, {couch_httpd_auth,
cookie_authentication_handler}, {couch_httpd_auth,
proxy_authentication_handler}, {couch_httpd_auth,
default_authentication_handler}

But I can't do normal admin actions by supplying the expected headers:
# curl --header "X-Auth-CouchDB-UserName: admin" --header
{"error":"unauthorized","reason":"You are not a server admin."}

I'm basing this on
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/1.6.1/api/server/authn.html#proxy-authentication

Is there some step I missed ?

--
*Tom Chiverton*
Lead Developer

Extravision - email worth seeing <http://www.extravision.com/>
Registered in the UK at: 107 Timber Wharf, 33 Worsley Street,
Manchester, M15 4LD.
Company Reg No: 0‌‌5017214 VAT: GB 8‌‌24 5386 19

This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed
and may contain confidential or privileged information.
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Extravision Ltd.