couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ying Bian <yb...@me.com>
Subject pouchdb-find and couchdb 2.0
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 13:34:45 GMT
Dear couchdb developers and users,

I’m new to couchdb & pouchdb and I’m looking forward to some comments to the following
problem:

I want to setup a couchdb service in the cloud and provide an SDK to my users for them to
use in their apps. They can also use pouchdb as a local replication of their data. An important
part of the SDK is the query interface. I want it to be developer-friendly as much as possible.
The map/reduce API is too complex for developers with no similar experience. After some investigation,
I think maybe [pouchdb-find](https://github.com/nolanlawson/pouchdb-find <https://github.com/nolanlawson/pouchdb-find>)
is worth to try. Its mongodb like query language is more intuitive in my mind.

My questions are:

1. Pouchdb-find is still in beta and its documents says "This API is modeled after the Cloudant
query API <https://docs.cloudant.com/api/cloudant-query.html>, soon to be merged into
CouchDB 2.0.”  Is the support already merged into couchdb 2.0? What’s the delivery plan
for couchdb 2.0? Is it to safe to switch to 2.0 now?

2. I want the query interface to be “couch & pouch” transparent: the same query API
would be used for both local pouchdb and remote couchdb. I suppose this is not a problem.
Am I right?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

-Ying