couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's Better 1 Doc With Many Attachments or Many Docs With 1 Attachment
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 00:38:25 GMT
The initial replication of a document with a very large number of attachments can be expensive
-- it's an all-or-nothing affair.  After that when you update a single attachment on the doc
the replicator is smart enough to just transfer that attachment.

Considering only the replicator's perspective I think you'll have a better experience by attaching
each binary to a separate document.  Best,

Adam