couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Woodward <>
Subject Re: Diagnosing Replication Issues
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:59:32 GMT
Ah thanks -- so sounds like in addition to having admin creds included in
the source url, I should put it in the target too? Odd that I did
everything the same way but only this one database is having issues, but
I'll give that a shot.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Jens Alfke <> wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2013, at 8:37 AM, Matthew Woodward <>
> wrote:
> > it replicated everything *but* the design
> > documents. Noe clue why it left out only the design documents.
> I don’t have an insight into your larger problem, but I do know about this
> one: The reason is that for security reasons only administrators can
> install design documents, but a persistent replication by default runs as
> an anonymous user. To fix that you’ll need to add credentials to the
> replication document (I don’t recall the details, but they’re in the API
> docs.)
> > I then went into the replicator tool in Futon and kicked off a one-time
> > replication and that picked up the three missing design documents
> That worked because you were logged into Futon as an administrator, so the
> one-time replication it kicked off for you was authenticated as an admin.
> (Actually your larger issue might be permissions-related too, if your
> target database has access privileges configured. If so, authenticating the
> replicator as a user with write permission, and admin privileges, would fix
> everything.)
> —Jens

Matthew Woodward / Twitter: @mpwoodward

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.