couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: Optionally including docs in view results
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 19:06:40 GMT
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> There was a similar idea posted on another thread that I really liked,
> looked at implementing and got scared of because of the mentioned
> replication stuff in bulk docs.
>
> The basic idea was to be able to post something like the following to _bulk_docs
>
> {
>  "put": {doc1, doc2, doc3}
>  "delete": {doc4, doc5}
>  "get": {doc6}
> }

This idea has its upsides, but I'm wary of breaking
backwards-compatibility with _bulk_docs.

However, I don't see anything wrong with the way _bulk_docs currently
handles create/update/delete (even if it isn't RESTful).

On IRC there have been some good arguments in favor of an include_docs
option for view, which could be used with _all_docs and multi-key view
requests to yield the _load_docs (fetch docs in bulk) feature.

Also with that design Tom's original question on this thread would be
a simple case.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com