couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alan Bell <>
Subject Re: jsonpickle
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2008 07:34:14 GMT
not at all off-topic! I have been reading all about Python and writing a
GUI client for CouchDB in pyGTK I thought pickle would be a great way to
store general stuff in python but it isn't quite JSON. Thanks very much
for putting this together.

John Paulett wrote:
> I know this is slightly off-topic, but I have been working on a
> library of serializing Python objects into JSON, called jsonpickle.
> jsonpickle is a direct result of my desire to store complex Python
> objects in CouchDB.
> The difference between this project and projects like simplejson and
> couchdb-python's is that jsonpickle requires no upfront
> definition of what fields to serialize or how to serialize those
> fields.  Thus, it can easily store objects from existing modules, such
> as feedparser.  jsonpickle acts as a wrapper for simplejson.
> The project is located at .  You
> can find more information at .
> I would love to get feedback, especially if you find Python modules
> that do not work with this library.
> Thanks,
> John

Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Mob: +44 (0)7736 778908
Tel: +44 (0)8444 849388

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55

View raw message