couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 20:04:29 GMT
Thanks so much, Doug.
I'm actually waiting for the preliminary draft from the PMC, so I don't have anything to share
just yet.
Having said that, we are soliciting quotes from the community, and definitely welcome one
from IBM! Please refer to https://s.apache.org/z9pk as a resource on how our testimonials
should look like.
Should you wish to issue a standalone "Hurrah, Apache CouchDB!" press release/blog/tweet/*,
that would be fantastic as well.
Let's discuss to coordinate tactics and further details. I'm in Boston over the next week
and can call/Skype this Friday between 11AM-12.30PM and 2.30-4PM.
Warmly,
Sally = = = = =  vox +1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairi

      From: Douglas S Flora <dsflora@us.ibm.com>
 To: sk@apache.org
Cc: press@apache.org; marketing@couchdb.apache.org; Lawrence J Weber <lawrence.weber@us.ibm.com>;
James W Young <jwyoung@us.ibm.com>; Joanna L Varvoutis <jlvarvou@us.ibm.com>;
Joseph Gallo <jgallo@us.ibm.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:58 PM
 Subject: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR

Hi Sally, I'm with the IBM Cloudant marketing team (other members copied here). I wanted
to reach out in regards to the forthcoming Apache CouchDB 2.0 press release after Labor Day.
I was hoping to find out more about what the ASF is planning PR-wise. We'd be happy to make
some of the prominent IBM committers available for comment to the press, where relevant. If
you've already reached out to some of them about this, apologies in advance - I just wanted
to see if we could get a better of idea of what is currently in plan so that we can align
our own efforts and editorial calendar accordingly. Additionally, we are planning to wrap
the CouchDB 2.0 news into an announcement blog post, and include in proactive media outreach,
around upcoming Cloudant product / service updates - likely in late September or October. Could
we set up some time to discuss this with Joe Gallo (also copied here) from IBM external comms?
Look forward to hearing back.  Best,Doug Doug FloraPortfolio Marketing - Cloud Data ServicesIBM
AnalyticsE-mail: dsflora@us.ibm.comOffice: +1 617 528 1249Mobile: +1 901 289 7954