couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] WHY/HOW/WHAT
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 12:42:13 GMT
> what went wrong?
> how and where do we collect ideas about a slogan?

ML is unsuitable – low engagement, no navigation, zillions of cluttering
issued and so on. Only flaming enthuziasts can use this tool, all others
just pass by. Apache better understand it, enforcing usage of this tool.

And even for enthuziasts it‘s hard to track topics, splitted into several
threads. You can only do it only in inbox – all web UI are even more ugly.

> Imo this should be a form where

Form seems too much for slogan. Twitter is enough good, restricts length
and provides perfect engagement. If you ask on twi (and do it at least
three times taking in account timezones), I think you could receive a lot
of good new slogans.

Since slogans all are short, it wouldn‘t be hard to create short list –
about 10-15-20 positions I think.

For final poll there exist a lot of online instruments. Also voting should
hide poll results for person until he or she votes – it titillates person‘s
curiosity and motivates to make a click. Option ‘I do not want to vote,
want to see results’ is also good to ensure you‘ll have no random clicks
just to uncover current results.

> what did we discuss if most of the proposals are voted with -1

It only means that both options proposed for voting are weak.

BR

ermouth