couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: HN thread about CouchDB
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 05:28:06 GMT
Get your point, Jan
we ship with jQuery, though and as such ar in family with the "jQuery spagetti community”.
Maybe a gallery with cookbook-style or “how to get started with CouchDB and XYZ” posts
would be the way to go?
johs

> On 13 Jan 2015, at 11:30, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On 13 Jan 2015, at 10:38 , Johs Ensby <johs@b2w.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not surprising, looking at google trends ew decline.
>> That is a pure buzz-index, of course, but what we need to do is to connect it to
an up-trend for a broad audience.
>> CouchDB needs to be if not the sister, so the cousin of nodejs and reactjs or something
else that is moving in the right direction.

> I’m not sure this the right approach. We should make sure we work with all these things,
but I don’t think we should be getting into any family relationships with other projects
(other than the ones that replicate). The surrounding technology comes and goes.

> Best
> Jan
> --

>>> On 13 Jan 2015, at 10:00, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Heya (excuse the HN link),
>>>
>>> this is not necessarily something for the weekly news, but I think this is a
useful summary of how people think about CouchDB in the wild. I’m not suggesting this is
representative, but it can help guide us in what we want to do for our marketing activities,
if we are not happy with how people think about CouchDB:

>>> https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8865079
>>>
>>> I found the comment about design docs most interesting: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8865687
(although I should send this to dev@). We should think hard about hiding this detail away
from end-users.