couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Nick Pavlica <lini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Concept Art 8 and 9
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2014 13:01:56 GMT
Evi,

As i recall, someone decided to get rif od that resting guy, and what i see
> now, they want to get read of the couch as well,

  This is not accurate, a couch in the logo is just fine.

> so far noone came with any acceptable arguments why in the world to do
> that,

i could understand maybe restyling the logo, like Apple does time to time,
> but changing it entirely i see as a wrong move.

  If you don't agree with other peoples viewpoints regarding the "guy on
couch" logo, that's great, we hear your perspective loud and clear.
However,  many have expressed valid concerns regarding the existing logo
and we are woking on improving it.

> And Nick’s arguments about car and bike company requirements were rather
> childish…

I'm not sure why you find my argument childish, I was trying to add clarity
to the point I was making.  I could certainly belittle your comments as
well, but that's not why we are here.

--

> Everyone will try not to hurt anyone’s feelings here and as result logo
> will be done as crap, with no essential components in it

So yes, leave the damn couch and guy alone, people. There is nothing wrong
> about them.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this point.  Not only do we
have valid reasons for changing the logo, but we have an opportunity to
improve and update the branding of CouchDB.  The upcoming release of 2.0,
and Cloudants/IBM's increasing support of the project only amplify this
need.

Regards!
-- Nick Pavlica