couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Nick Pavlica <lini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Concept Art 8 and 9
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 21:10:52 GMT
Skitsanos,
  This discussion was started on the main developers list, and we moved it
to marketing for now.  I have presented a number of concepts to see which
one really sticks out as a winning concept.  Many of the links to that
artwork are in that thread.  Thus far one of the concerns that I'm trying
to address is a cleaner separation between the Apache CouchDB project, and
the CouchBase project.  Many are still confused by the similar names, and
imagery.  Currently, both logos are of a front facing couch.  I've
presented many images that utilize top, and back views of a couch rather
than the front.  Additionally, others have mentioned that they wanted to
see something that had arrows in it that would highlight CouchDBs ability
to sync and replicate.   Version 8 of the concept art was really focused on
arrows, and 9 is kind of a visual trick where there are multiple images
created naturally in the image to the right of the word Couch.  You should
see, two couches, and an arrow in most of them :)

Regards!
-- Nick Pavlica