couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AdvocateHub rewards
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:37:13 GMT
Jan/Lena, could you expand a little on why you don't like the idea of
dedicating a release?

I'm thinking it would be a small para at the bottom of the release
announcement, something like this:

"This release is dedicated to the following advocates as a thank you
for helping grow the community: Alice, Bob, Chris"

Perhaps we could even add some sort of clarification as to why they're
being thanked.

Lena, for naming the release: we can exercise editorial control by
simply saying "that's not gonna fly, pick a different name." Would
that allay your concerns?

On 30 October 2014 17:11, Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
> Also like all of them, except
>
>>> - Have a release dedicated to you
>
> I'd rather avoid that, as it sets the reward at a wrong place, imo.
>
>>> - Name the weekly news
>
> My main issue with this is that I fear running into discussions what is appropriate as
a name (in terms of our bylaws and CoC (which wouldn't have to be a discussion then at all),
but also in terms of marketing.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater