couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Recruitment tweets
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 14:09:09 GMT
One of the problems with marketing activities is that quantitative
data is quite hard to come by.

A lot of marketing works by raising awareness of a particular thing,
be that a brand, a product, event, or opportunity. More often than
not, a person takes action on that awareness many hours, days, or
weeks after learning about it. Making the connection between what you
did in your marketing efforts, and conversions that you make (in this
case, recruiting contributors), can be tricky (but not impossible).

How about we take a two-pronged approach:

- Regular, but generic, recruitment tweets, cycling between the
different areas we want to attract contributions to
- Specific, and sporadic, recruitment tweets for specific JIRA
tickets, as and when we need it

I can handle the first one with very little input. But how would we do
the second one? Is there something we could in JIRA that would
indicate that a ticket ought to be promoted from a recruitment
perspective?

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater