couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject Re: We need a better slogan
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 08:55:02 GMT
I was part of that discussion with Noah and Dave this winter, too, and to me as a Marketing
person, CouchDB's slogan has always been a hard one to get, and so I was happy to discuss
it that day and now again. I'd love to see a slogan that goes away from what CouchDB *does*
to what value it delivers to users (by what it is / does) and / or what value(s) it offers
itself (where still the value it offers to people usually leads to stronger slogans which
are easier to understand for people).

Personally, I think although general slogans can be good and sticky, I'd try to stay away
from something that is too general - at least an obvious connection of the slogan to databases
should be given to not confuse people.

On 12.06.2014, at 21:03, Jan Lehnardt <jan@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:

> On 12 Jun 2014, at 21:59 , Mike Miller <mike@cloudant.com> wrote:
>
>> I like it.  I think that Apache CouchDB should lead us into the
>> post-Snowden, net neutrality era.
>
> while I personally agree, I’m not sure that that’s a point we should be too upfront
about. I’d like to avoid what happened to bittorrent, great technology that is forever tainted
with legal issues. But maybe we should force it and get some publicity from it :)