couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Promote the CouchDB 1.6.0 release
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:52:52 GMT
Not only G+, Facebook too. (;
As for G+: at least 457 community  + 158 page subscribers for direct
receiving the release news + 4710 potential users who received post
via sharing (currently 5 reshares done). That's about closely to a
half of twitter subscribers. However, these potential users will
navigate to our blog only in single case: the post has nice and
attractive title (otherwise they would subscribe directly to our
page/community). Another problem is that as more non-interesting news
we sharing as more likely these posts will be ignored, so with every
post we decreasing chances that these people will navigate to our
blog. Don't know how large our FB community is, but anyway I don't
think we're ever in place to choose. Marketing isn't only about
managing existed community, but also is about attracting new members.
There is no need use analytics and pageviews to guess that with single
dry sentences it's merely hard to rich this goal...

...but wait, I don't wear marketing hat (:

> If you're like to help, that'd be sweet.

How?

--