couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jmcl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CouchDB 3.0.1 and 3.1.0 release plans
Date Sun, 17 May 2020 06:43:56 GMT
Hi there,
I took a look at your recent release and noticed a couple of issues. Be aware I'm not part
of your project, and I'm missing a large part of your history, so these things may have been
discussed before and are that way for good reasons.
- Your license file has an incorrect copyright line in the license appendix.
- Your notice file lists the copyright of 3rd party dependencies. This is not how a notice
file works. You need to include relevant parts from ALv2 bundled code notice files and relocated
copyrights. Relocated copyright only occurs when a 3rd party header is replaced during a software
grant. [1]
- Your release contains code that is under the Erlang Public License. This is category B and
as such can't normally be included in a source release in the form it's in. [2] I couldn't
find any discussion on this. How was it decided that this code was OK to include?
Thanks,
Justin

P.S I'm not subscribed to this list so please CC me on any replies.

1. https://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b