couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Vatamaniuc <vatam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: moving email lists to GitHub Discussions (Was: [DISCUSS] moving email lists to Discourse)
Date Tue, 26 May 2020 14:52:08 GMT
+1

Thank you, Joan!

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 2:50 PM Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Joan, I’m looking forward to Infra feedback.
>
> Best
> Jan
> —
>
> > On 22. May 2020, at 19:31, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on this proposal. (I know a lot of people are
marching towards deadlines right now.) I also don't want to take it to users@, unless there's
a reality of it happening.

> > In the interest of moving this forward, I'm going to open an exploratory issue with
Infra to see how much work it'd be to make this happen. Hopefully, we're not the first people
to ask.

> > We'll still need a vote here, or on users@, before we would actually move activity
to GH Discussions, but it won't be the gating factor for a while yet, I bet.

> > FYI, per our project guidelines/bylaws, this would be a non-technical decision,
allowing for lazy consensus and a lazy majority (3 binding +1s, more binding +1s than binding
-1s), with binding votes cast by committers, and no vetos.

> > -Joan

would have a complete history and spare the project from total vendor lock in.

> >> Yup, that'd be a requirement from the ASF's perspective, regardless of technology
we select.
> >> -Joan

I think

The