couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From ermouth <ermo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Partitions list
Date Sun, 24 May 2020 23:30:27 GMT
Thanks!

> comp sci theoretically nothing that’ll be any more
> efficient internally than the obvious map/reduce view

This probably doesn’t hold in real world at least for DBs you know upfront
have number_of_partitions ≃ number_of_docs < several_thousands. Reading all
_id-s without reduce is likely cheaper in that case. Which means I might
just read _id-s for DBs having say < 10k docs, without writing a ddoc with
map/reduce view and waiting it to warm up. Or I can allow user to choose
what to do.

ermouth