couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: moving email lists to GitHub Discussions (Was: [DISCUSS] moving email lists to Discourse)
Date Tue, 12 May 2020 15:46:10 GMT
I’d be willing to give this a go. +1 :)

Best
Jan
—

> On 11. May 2020, at 21:04, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 2020-03-15 9:36, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Mar 2020, at 14:35, Naomi Slater wrote:
>>> apparently GitHub has discussions now. it's still in beta, but you can
>>> specifically request it if you want it if you contact support, I think
>>>
>>> e.g., https://github.com/zeit/next.js/discussions
>>> <https://github.com/zeit/next.js/discussions>
>> interesting.
>>> I'm interested to know what we think about this and how this
>>> might/could fit into our plans for user support, discussion, etc.
>
> Given that we already have email integration with GitHub, this will probably be easier
to get through the ASF bureaucracy than something brand new.

> I'm willing to take this through Infra if people agree to it. It doesn't look like there
are any separate "boards" or tags yet, so the proposal would likely be that discussions there
would get emailed onto user@. The hard part will be getting replies to the thread on user@
to go back into the discussion on GH; we might be able to get an "asf-bot" to do this for
us.

> I also looked at Infra's JIRA database, and no one has put in this request there yet.
So, we'd be the first, with all the difficulties that entails.