couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: moving email lists to GitHub Discussions (Was: [DISCUSS] moving email lists to Discourse)
Date Fri, 22 May 2020 18:50:07 GMT
Thanks Joan, I’m looking forward to Infra feedback.

Best
Jan
—

> On 22. May 2020, at 19:31, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on this proposal. (I know a lot of people are marching
towards deadlines right now.) I also don't want to take it to users@, unless there's a reality
of it happening.

> In the interest of moving this forward, I'm going to open an exploratory issue with Infra
to see how much work it'd be to make this happen. Hopefully, we're not the first people to
ask.

> We'll still need a vote here, or on users@, before we would actually move activity to
GH Discussions, but it won't be the gating factor for a while yet, I bet.

> FYI, per our project guidelines/bylaws, this would be a non-technical decision, allowing
for lazy consensus and a lazy majority (3 binding +1s, more binding +1s than binding -1s),
with binding votes cast by committers, and no vetos.

> -Joan
>
> On 2020-05-12 14:41, Joan Touzet wrote:
>> On 2020-05-12 5:46 a.m., Ilya Khlopotov wrote:
>>> I would be +1 as long as it works and we have options to migrate archive elsewhere
if/when we need to.
>>> You are proposing to mirror email traffic which means that mail archive would
have a complete history and spare the project from total vendor lock in.