couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CouchDB 3.0.1 and 3.1.0 release plans
Date Sun, 17 May 2020 06:55:43 GMT
On 2020-05-17 2:43, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi there,
> I took a look at your recent release and noticed a couple of issues. Be aware I'm not
part of your project, and I'm missing a large part of your history, so these things may have
been discussed before and are that way for good reasons.
> - Your license file has an incorrect copyright line in the license appendix.

Justin, which line of that file?

> - Your notice file lists the copyright of 3rd party dependencies. This is not how a notice
file works. You need to include relevant parts from ALv2 bundled code notice files and relocated
copyrights. Relocated copyright only occurs when a 3rd party header is replaced during a software
grant. [1]

Will someone on dev@ volunteer to resolve this? Thanks.

> - Your release contains code that is under the Erlang Public License. This is category
B and as such can't normally be included in a source release in the form it's in. [2] I couldn't
find any discussion on this. How was it decided that this code was OK to include?

Looks like this was missed with the 2.0 import. Paul did the work in
2016 prior to the 2.0 release:

https://github.com/apache/couchdb-couch-log/commit/b6b766ddfbff8db789723689419ee6f634e752b8#diff-e7183b47c7155debfec662d667b6fcd4

https://github.com/cloudant/couchdb/commit/094ceae9fd81f1d71647728d4a2e583423618914

Paul, how do you want to proceed? Looks like it's just 2 files that we
can replace quickly and spin new releases, but we'll have to go back and
do a 2.3.2 as well, and expunge 2.3.1.

-Joan