couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: moving email lists to GitHub Discussions (Was: [DISCUSS] moving email lists to Discourse)
Date Mon, 11 May 2020 19:04:53 GMT
On 2020-03-15 9:36, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2020, at 14:35, Naomi Slater wrote:
>> apparently GitHub has discussions now. it's still in beta, but you can
>> specifically request it if you want it if you contact support, I think
>>
>> e.g., https://github.com/zeit/next.js/discussions
>> <https://github.com/zeit/next.js/discussions>
>
> interesting.
>
>> I'm interested to know what we think about this and how this
>> might/could fit into our plans for user support, discussion, etc.

Given that we already have email integration with GitHub, this will
probably be easier to get through the ASF bureaucracy than something
brand new.

I'm willing to take this through Infra if people agree to it. It doesn't
look like there are any separate "boards" or tags yet, so the proposal
would likely be that discussions there would get emailed onto user@. The
hard part will be getting replies to the thread on user@ to go back into
the discussion on GH; we might be able to get an "asf-bot" to do this
for us.

I also looked at Infra's JIRA database, and no one has put in this
request there yet. So, we'd be the first, with all the difficulties that
entails.

Can I get an informal "vote" on this approach and go-ahead? Since it's
informal, anyone is encouraged to respond.

-Joan "adopt, adapt, improve" Touzet