couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Khlopotov <iil...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Partition query endpoints in CouchDB 4.0
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2020 22:16:21 GMT
Given that it unlikely that there are too many people using it and it is being noop in FDB
world. I think we should deprecate and remove _partition endpoint.

On 2020/04/20 21:04:58, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to get views on whether we should preserve the _partition endpoints in CouchDB
4.0 or remove them. In CouchDB 4.0 all _view and _find queries will automatically benefit
from the same performance boost that the "partitioned database" feature brings, by virtue
of FoundationDB.