couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] CouchDB 3.0.1 and 3.1.0 release plans
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2020 15:59:07 GMT
Hello devs,

We need to get some important patches out to the community for 3.x. We
also have two new features, JWT and SpiderMonkey 68 support, that need
to land.

I propose the following:

* Release 3.0.1 with all of the bugfixes to date. Robert Newson has done
   the bulk of the work here, keeping our 3.0.x and 3.x branches up to
   date with the changes on master as of a couple of weeks ago. We
   probably need one more pass before release.

* Release 3.1.0 with JWT and SM 68 support. The former is a lovely
   feature, and the latter is mandatory for us to release Ubuntu 20.04
   "Focal Fossa" packages. (20.04 releases April 23rd, Thursday. At this
   point I don't think we'll release in time for it, but we'll be close,
   anyway.)

Any objections?

The following are blockers for these releases:

* https://github.com/apache/couchdb-documentation/pull/524 - Docs for
   JWT.

* https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/2788 - SM68 support, one
   failing test case. Paul is on this one.

* https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/2798 and any add'l fixes for
   #2797 - setup wizard bug

* 2x Release notes PRs (TBD)

If anyone has anything else that needs to land on the 3.x or 3.0.x
branches, please make a PR now and reply to this list so we know to
review and merge it.

-Joan "last call" Touzet