couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lambertus <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cloudbees Operations Center and Client Masters upgrade this weekend.
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2020 17:31:40 GMT
HI folks, we’re doing one more restart to fix a URL redirection error. Everything will be
back up in about 20 minutes.

> On Apr 5, 2020, at 9:32 AM, Gavin McDonald <gmcdonald@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> This is now completed.
>
> Overall time spent was around 3 hours on the Operations Center and 5 masters.
>
> When the OC was being upgraded, there was no downtime for the masters.
>
> Each master had downtime of around 20 minutes to 30 minutes, including multiple restarts

> , backups and plugin upgrades.
>
> CouchDB folks - most of your nodes are connected via 'node connects to the master' meaning
that you'll
> have to update each slave.jar manually. The preferred method is ssh i/o non-blocking,
all nodes connected
> in this fashion all came back on their own without intervention.
>
> Thanks all
>
> Gavin McDonald (ASF Infra)
>

> On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 3:20 PM Gavin McDonald <gmcdonald@apache.org <mailto:gmcdonald@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'll be upgrading the Cloudbees Core Operations Center and all attached Masters on Sunday
5th April at around 10am UTC until completed.

> I'll turn off new builds around 7am UTC.
>
> I'm 'expecting' a couple of hours downtime assuming all goes well, including upgrading
all
> associated plugins, performing backups etc. But, this is the first time I'm upgrading
this setup so there may be the odd gotcha that surprises me who knows! - I'm as prepared as
possible and I am not expecting any problems.