couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] moving email lists to Discourse
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2020 18:02:36 GMT
On 2020-03-15 11:02 a.m., Reddy B. wrote:
>However, if you are an outsider looking for context that was discussed 2 years ago, even
Couchdb's official archive website<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/>
does not have a search function. There may be a way but this is clearly not as user friendly
than something like discourse.

That archive has been retired, though it's still online for some time
yet. Try this one for a much better experience, with search:

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@couchdb.apache.org

> So far I have never subscribed to email notifications on these platforms, I just visit
the website and have no problem with that. Moreover something like Discourse even groups the
topics that were discussed "since you last visited". Just sharing my experience since many
people may be similar.

It's harder for those of us who actively maintain the software as part
of our daily routine to switch from a "push" to a 'pull" model for these
things, but it is absolutely easier for people only looking to ask a few
questions and get answers - that's for sure.

That said, I rely entirely on email from GitHub to stay abreast of our
code changes and pull requests. I think I'd be sunk if I had to use the
activity feed on GitHub's website.

-Joan "social distancing works" Touzet