couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Glynn Bird <glynn.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Mango indexes on FDB
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2020 10:46:35 GMT
+1 on removing step 3 - my reservation on falling back on all_docs is that
users have no insight into how expensive a query is, other than measuring
latencies (which might depend on other factors).  I would hope that folks
would use option 1 anyway.

So Paul's list becomes:

1. If user specifies an index, use it even if we have to wait
2. If an index is built that can be used, use it
3. n/a
4. As a last resort use _all_docs