couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting FDB work onto master
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2020 23:42:42 GMT
OOPS, looks like I pushed the wrong image.

I'll build the kerl-based version of the image and re-push. This will
take a couple of hours, since I have to build 3x Erlangs from source.

Good to know step 1 works! Next step for y'all: fix `make check`.

-Joan

On 2020-03-30 6:05 p.m., Robert Samuel Newson wrote:
> noting that https://ci-couchdb.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/jenkins-cm1%2FPullRequests/detail/PR-2732/7/pipeline/
now fails because kerl isn't there. related?

> B.
>
>> On 30 Mar 2020, at 22:11, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Nice, make check-fdb passes for me on that branch (the 2nd time, the 1st time was
a spurious failure, timing related).

>> B.
>>
>>> On 30 Mar 2020, at 22:04, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Great timing, I merged something to prototype/fdb-layer without the check passing,
I'm trying this now.

>>> First note, the kerl line doesn't work but it seems there's a system wide erlang
20 install instead.

>>> B.

Docker image. This now includes the fdb binaries, as well as client libraries and headers.
This is a necessary (but not sufficient) step to getting the fdb prototype merged to master.

CouchDB (with fdb)?

If they're backend specific, there's no need for them to land on master anymore.

CouchDB release would be 3.1.0 - so, probably no need to land more fixes on 3.0.x at this
point. Does everyone agree?