couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject native encryption for couchdb 4.0?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2020 16:29:36 GMT
Hi All,

Our team at IBM are working on native encryption of document content for the Cloudant service
and are wondering if there'd be interest (or objection!) to this landing as a CouchDB feature?

This is only targeted at the (future) CouchDB 4.0 release which introduces FoundationDB as
the persistence layer and, as stated above, currently only for document bodies.

This would be a configuration option (and presumably disabled by default).

I'll spare us all the crypto details for now (besides pointing out they've been reviewed by
our in-house cryptographers and use only public algorithms and techniques in a straightforward
manner).

Thoughts?

B.